The Library currently has the following passes available:
- Canterbury, Shaker Village www.shakers.org
- Children's Museum of New Hampshire in Dover www.childrens-museum.org
- Currier Museum in Manchestercurrier.org
- McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center (& planetarium) in Concord www.starhop.com
- New Hampshire Telephone Museum in Warner www.nhtelephonemuseum.org
- New Hampshire State Park www.nhstateparks
- SEE Science Center in Manchester www.see-sciencecenter.org
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness www.nhnature.org
- Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth www.strawberybanke.org
- Wright (World War II) Museum in Wolfeboro www.wrightmuseum.org
Passes are loaned for specific days and they are checked out for a 3 day period. If you wish to use on a specific day, you may reserve it and pick it up a day in advance...Some passes are free admission and others are reduced admission. If you have questions, please call us at 798-5153.
Who Can Borrow from Maxfield Public Library
Borrowing materials from the Library is free for all Loudon residents and taxpayers. For an annual $15 fee, non residents may register to borrow. The library does not actually issue cards but enters patron information into the system so you have a number on the library data base. Borrowers may also access their account from home computers with a PIN and username set up when they register. Using the library issued number, patrons may also access the Overdrive data base to borrow e-books and audio books online. Overdue fees are not charged on books, audio books, and magazines. There is a charge of .25 daily on overdue DVDs. Items that are lost or damaged so that they can no longer circulate are billed at the full replacement cost.
Ongoing Book Sale
The Library has 3 carts of books, audiobooks, and even movies that are offered for sale. Some are new items that the library has in its collection. Some are gently used items. Other items, including reference materials are being pulled bacause they are out of date. Prices are what ever one wishes to donate.